DC Power systems analysis in rail passenger vehicles using EMTP
1. General Presentation:
a. Overview on Rail Passenger Train DC Power Systems.
b. Why EMTP?
- DC Primary Power (600 V to 1.5 kV): Substation, Rails, Circuit Breaker, and Fuse.
- DC Auxiliary System (37.5 V to 110 V): Battery, Converter, Circuit Breaker, Fuse, Loads, and Overvoltage Protection Devices.
d. Examples of Case Study:
- Transient Overcurrent Protection (Primary Power).
- Overcurrent Protection.
- Overvoltage Protection.
- Battery Sizing according to IEEE Std 1568.
2. Demo: Complete Overcurrent Protection Example in EMTP.
>> Wednesday, April 27, at 11:00am EDT (New-York, GMT -04:00)