This Exciters and Governors library contains more than 50 standard models for governors, exciters and power system stabilizers. It includes various models from the IEEE Standard 421.5-2005 and 421.5-2016 “IEEE Recommended Practice for Excitation System Models for Power System Models for Power System Stability Studies”:
- Exciters: AC1A, AC2A, AC3A, AC5A, AC6A, AC7B, AC8B, AC9C, AC10C, AC11C, DC1A, DC2A, DC3A, DC4B, IEEET1, IEEET5, SEXS, ST1, ST1A, ST2A, ST3A, ST4B, ST5B, ST6B, ST7B, ST8C, ST9C, ST10C,
- Governors: DEGOV1, GAST, GAST2A, IEEEG1, IEEEG2, IEEEG3, IEESGO, TGOV1, TGOV5, GGOV1, HYGOVR, WSHYDD, WSHYGP, HYGOV4, HYGOV, IEEEG2, PIDGOV, LCFB1, WSIEG1
- Power System Stabilizer: PSS1A, PSS2B, PSS3B, PSS4B, PSS5C, PSS6C, PSS7C, IEEEST
- Excitation limiter: Over Excitation Limiter OEL1B, OEL2C, OEL3C, OEL4C, OEL5C, MAXEX2 Under Excitation Limiter UEL1, UEL2C
- Stator Current Limiter: SCL1C
- Turbine Load Controller: LCBF1
The models are built to be easily interfaced with Synchronous machine models in EMTP. Each device comes with its own user-interface, comprehensive documentation, and is automatically initialized from EMTP steady-state and load-flow solutions. The control diagram of each device is fully customizable.
New exciter, governor and stabilizer models are being added continuously and will become available in the future releases of this toolbox.
Network with 3 machines, AVR, stabilizers and loads
EXCITER AC8B EMTP Model
User interface of the AC8B Exciter
If you need a technical presentation, do not hesitate to contact us :